Download kodi for windows
With just a little patience, employing an internet browser to see
internet TV does work, but nonetheless, it definitely isn't ideal. Users simply need to discover their video,
tap the hyperlink and await the content to begin playing. Kodi for Windows media center style interface that
makes it light and strong alternative for people appearing to manage their community content with a couple of
additional features tossed in for good measure. This program is also open source so is totally free for private
and industrial use. In summary, the computer software is truly packaged with remarkable capabilities.
How to download Kodi for Windows
Download Kodi from the Microsoft Store
Go to the Microsoft Store and find the Kodi app to start with. When
you open the main page, you can download Kodi by clicking on the connection at the base 'Get the Software.'
(Don't worry, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 are available). From there, to download the installer,
double-click. The Configuration Wizard should pop up automatically as soon as the installer has finished
downloading. Track the Windows installation steps for Kodi.
Download Kodi from the official site
The official Kodi.tv website is directly accessible for you to
download Kodi. From the main website, in the top right corner, click the download icon and scroll down to the
'Choose your weapon' section. Tap the Windows symbol from there. You will be given the option to download the
32-bit installer from the Microsoft Store (see above) or download it. As soon as you have finished installing
the software, if you want to download the installer, a popup will start automatically. You can launch the new
version of Kodi for Windows when the setup is done.
Note: Although both download options are similar, if you go through
the Microsoft Store, Kodi automatically updates. You'll need to conduct different updates manually if you go
through the Kodi website and use the installer to download.
How to install kodi on windows
Kodi is compatible with a wide range of systems, and almost anyone
can install and use this application. In three simple ways, Kodi can install 18 Windows applications.
Method 1: Installation Manual (Using EXE File)
- You must first download Kodi's installation file. Navigate to kodi.tv/download, where you can see the
various versions of Kodi.
- The Windows logo will be remembered by you, so press it. A new screen, with different Kodi versions, will
- You can either go for a 64-bit or 32-bit, depending on the capabilities of your machine.
- Click on the EXE file you have downloaded. A wizard for installation will appear. You’ll need to go
through several steps until you see Kodi being installed. Once the installation is done, you’ll see an option
to run Kodi. Check this option and finalize the installation.
- Installing Kodi on Windows is that easy.
Method 2: Windows App Store
- Open the Windows Store. By launching the Start Menu and typing 'Store', you will find it. To open it,
click on its icon.
- You can use the top-right Search field after opening the Windows Store. Type 'Kodi' in, then press Enter.
There will be different options present, so make sure to install the app created by the XBMC Foundation.
- Kodi will be downloaded and installed in the background. Once this process is finished, you will see a
Windows notification in the bottom-right corner. You can use this notification launch Kodi.
You will end up with the same Kodi version, no matter which
installation method you choose. Kodi is not exclusive to the Windows Store, which means you can install and use
it just like the standard edition. The greatest advantage here is that you can keep Kodi updated at all times
using the Windows Store.
Method 3: Portable Mode
- First, you need to download Kodi’s EXE (Executable) file. Go to kodi.tv/download.
- Launch the EXE file and the Installation Wizard will begin. This time, you need to be careful instead of
simply pressing the 'Next' button. You'll be asked at one stage where you'd like to install Kodi. You need to
press and navigate to your removable USB drive by pressing 'Browse.' Finalize the installation and make sure
to STOP before exiting the process.
- You will be allowed to 'Run Kodi' in the final phase of the installation wizard. Make sure this choice is
not allowed, because at this point you DO NOT have to run Kodi. Alternatively, leave this option blank and
exit the installation.
- Now, navigate to your Kodi files. Go to this directory because you have decided to install it on a USB.
Inside, the file 'Kodi.exe' is found to build a shortcut. You can do this by clicking on this file,
right-clicking on 'Send to Desktop'.
- Look for the new shortcut. Click it right and choose 'Assets.' This is where the file 'Target:' is shown.
After all other characters in this sector, you must add "-p." This includes 'F: Kodikodi.exe -p' for example.
Make sure this change is made and save the update.
- You can finally launch a Kodi. Now, all your installation files and addons are stored in Kodi folder.
Scripts, supplementary files, a local content library, skins and user data can be used. These files can be
found in the folder 'portable data.' What this also means is that it will save all those modifications to your
USB drive. Without any complications, you can use it on various computers.